I have Borderline Personality Disorder, not a very good title, quite misleading and offensive. There is talk about changing it to something more positive.
What are the symptoms of BPD?
You might be given a diagnosis of BPD if you experience at least five of the following things, and they’ve lasted for a long time or have a big impact on your daily life:
- You feel very worried about people abandoning you, and would do anything to stop that happening.
- You have very intense emotions that last from a few hours to a few days and can change quickly (for example, from feeling very happy and confident in the morning to feeling low and sad in the afternoon).
- You don’t have a strong sense of who you are, and it can change depending on who you’re with.
- You find it very hard to make and keep stable relationships.
- You act impulsively and do things that could harm you (such as binge eating, using drugs or driving dangerously).
- You have suicidal thoughts or self-harming behaviour.
- You feel empty and lonely a lot of the time.
- You get very angry, and struggle to control your anger.
- When very stressed, sometimes you might:
- feel numb or ‘checked out’ and not remember things properly after they’ve happened.
This piece of work by Alexander Milov immediately made me think of BPD, feeling like a child trapped in an adult’s body. That wasn’t the artists intention but that is what it communicated to me.
More about this here: http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/09/milov-wireframe-sculpture/
And my book arrived!!!!